- This event has passed.
Juniors Holiday Session
January 15 @ 9:00 am - January 16 @ 12:30 pm$5
Please book Online – https://forms.gle/BfYmcZ55AekVA2rc9
START 9am NSW – finish approx. 12.30pm
Cost $5 per person sailing
Wed 15th – Alison Blatcher 0434 982 922 – Mel Watson Instructing
Thurs 16th – Bill Fenelon 0411 123 405 + Nicole Bushnell
2nd Safety Boat Driver – Tim Willis + TBC
AFTERNOON SESSIONS (To Be Confirmed) – Tue 21 or Wed 22 Jan START approx 3pm NSW
Check your emails before leaving home in case of any changes or cancellations e.g. due to unsafe weather conditions.
INFORMATION FOR NEWCOMERS
- Please register via our membership link on www.tvsc.com.au before your first sail. You don’t need to pay yet and can cancel if you decide not to continue.
- & Complete Parents Consent Form : Parent’s consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
- Ideal sailing gear: old pair shorts (quick dry not denim) and long sleeve top
- Change of clothes.
- Footwear you can get wet (not thongs) – footwear is compulsory on and off water.
- Sun protection: hat (tied on), long sleeved top
- Cooler weather: Wind proof jacket, a 100% wooljumper or a wet suit (OP shops are a good source)
- Water bottle, snack
PROVIDED by TVSC
- Life jackets,
- Wetsuit shoes for borrowing (mainly kids sizes),
- Sailing boats
- Support boat (RIB) and qualified safety boat drivers
WANT TO JOIN TVSC?
- you can have 3 “try before you buy” sails before membership is required.
- Please register via our membership link on www.tvsc.com.au before your first sail. You don’t need to pay yet and can cancel if you decide not to continue
- The membership year starts 1 October but is open from July.
- For ages 7-12, and for all ages of newcomers, this is not a drop and run session.
- Please help out where you are able eg. supervising sign on, crewing on safety boats, setting up sign on tent, pack up.
- Want to sail? Depending on numbers there may also be an opportunity for parents to sail.
We do not yet have a club house (Discussions have been ongoing with Crown lands since before 2017). The container is for boat and equipment storage.
Juniors are not permitted to enter the container unless putting boats and equipment away.
There are public toilets and an outdoor shower close by.
Refreshments – the club has soft drinks , limited snacks and a BBQ is available if you would like to organise an after sail sausage sizzle etc.
The Sheoak Shack cafe is opposite the boat ramp car park and there is another shop/cafe a short distance further down Fingal Rd.
All TVSC members and parents that run the juniors sailing sessions do so voluntarily and unpaid – this is why the sailing fee is only $5 as a contribution towards running costs. We all enjoy doing it and welcome more people to join the team.
The cost of Australian Sailing Instructors $25 -30 an hour is currenlty subsidised by club funds.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS to Junior Sailors
- Juniors sailing on Sabots or X3s must not leave the beach before the safety boat is at the harbour entrance.
- Capsizing may be fun but can and has caused damage to the boats you use. Many of our boats are loaned to us by club members,
- Please respect the boats and equipment we are lucky enough to have available. Carry boats – never drag them.
- TRAPEZE – RISK OF DROWNING if unable to unhook the harness after capsize. All juniors must be trained on water with close adult supervision to use a trapeze harness before being approved to use one solo or with another Junior. [ eg. on Flying Ants]
Race Briefings are at Midday NSW Time.
Race Start is not before 1pm NSW Time. (Unless stated otherwise)
Check email the week before the race for changes.
Boat Owners must have $5 million public liability insurance to race.
Any errors above are inadvertent but may occur. Please contact the club for any clarifications.