- This event has passed.
Juniors School Holiday Sailing
October 4, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Cost $5 per person sailing
Use this link to book https://forms.gle/P2bHip9KjvX96Px69
Co-ordinators Alison Blatcher 0434 982 922 / Tony Lochead 0416 016 950
INFO FOR NEWCOMERS
· Please register via our membership link on www.tvsc.com.au before your first sail. You don’t need to pay yet and can cancel if you decide not to continue.
· Complete Parents Consent Form : Parent’s consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
· Ideal sailing gear: old pair shorts (not denim) and long sleeve top
· Change of clothes.
· Footwear you can get wet (not thongs) – footwear is compulsory on and off water.
· Sun protection: hat (tied on), long sleeved top
· Cooler weather: Wind proof jacket, a 100% wool jumper or a wet suit (OP shops are a good source)
· Water bottle, snack
PROVIDED by TVSC
· Life jackets,
· Booties for borrowing (mainly kids sizes),
· Sailing boats
· Support boat (RIB) and qualified safety boat drivers
WANT TO JOIN TVSC?
· you can have 3 “try before you buy” sails before membership is required.
· Please register via our membership link on www.tvsc.com.au before your first sail. You don’t need to pay yet and can cancel if you decide not to continue
· The membership year starts 1 October but is open from July.
· For ages 7-12, and for all ages of newcomers, this is not a drop and run session.
· Please help out where you are able eg. supervising sign on, crewing on safety boats, setting up sign on tent, pack up.
· Want to sail? Depending on numbers there may also be an opportunity for parents to sail.
We do not yet have a club house (Discussions have been ongoing with Crown lands since before 2017). The container is for boat and equipment storage.
Juniors are not permitted to enter the container unless putting boats and equipment away.
There are public toilets and an outdoor shower close by.
Refreshments – the club has soft drinks , limited snacks and sometimes bbq hot dogs/veggie burgers for sale (if someone volunteers to organise). The Sheoak Shack cafe is opposite the boat ramp car park and there is another shop/cafe a short distance further down Fingal Rd.
Calendar & Parent’s consent form can be found on our website.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS to Junior Sailors
· Juniors sailing on Sabots or X3s must not leave the beach before the safety boat is at the harbour entrance.
· Capsizing may be fun but can and has caused damage to the boats you use. Many of our boats are loaned to us by club members,
· Please respect the boats and equipment we are lucky enough to have available. Carry boats – never drag them.
Race Briefings are at Midday NSW Time.
Race Start is not before 1pm NSW Time.
Check email the week before the race for changes.
Boat Owners must have $5 million public liability insurance to race.
Any errors above are inadvertent but may occur. Please contact the club for any clarifications.
Group A – NS14 and Single handers
Group B – Corsairs and Multihulls
Sprint Series – All Boats, results on yardstick