Greetings all – please take a minute to read this…
Our “month off” is nearly over, not that we haven’t been busy in April, with three excellent weekday sessions for juniors and teens.Lots of new recruits – so a BIG WELCOME to all the new families, we are looking forward to seeing you at our regular events starting next Sunday.
The Winter Calendar (draft) is now available.
We have a new short term boat hire agreement and hire fees in place, for those wanting to use club boats
Our next Committee Meeting will probably be on the 11th of May
- START OF SEASON WORKING BEE – Proposed Date Mornings: Sat 11 May or Sat 18 May or Sun 19 May – please advise availability. Hoping to do some more planting around container as well as a big tidy up.
- ANNUAL PRESENTATION DINNER – all welcome – family friendly, not a late finish. Venue and date should be finalised next week – aiming for 15 or 16 June – alternative date Sunday 15 July.
- Try Sailing dates will be announced as they are scheduled, by email. (we need skippers & someone to organise these)
- Duty Officers – please book yourself in for a race date or 2.
- Sorry no Juniors/Teens session next Sunday morning (5 May) but all welcome to find crew spots or skipper Sabots or X3s in the afternoon race.
and …..Get involved – the more people who get involved, the less we all have to do and the better our club will be.
It is too much for the current small team so take on a small responsibility… and then train someone else to do it.Here are some of the things you could do
- Race Duty Officer Roster manager (making sure we have a duty officer for each race)
- Catering Team – need a roster manager for Race BBQs
- Forms “Office Manager” (making sure we have copies of indemnity forms, parent consent forms, etc etc)
- Two more EMAIL Secretaries – to respond to enquires etc
- Juniors Team Roster and dates organiser.
- Juniors Bookings – via gmail reponses onto a Google Spreadsheet
- Annual Dinner organising Team
- Race results entry to Halsail
- Tumbulgum Passage Race Team (Race Sat 31 Aug)
- Skippers to do Try Sailing sessions – + a Try Sailing Organiser.
- Committee Secretary … not a big job, but the club doesn’t run without one.
- Merchandise – Back up Membership Officer- ready to take over in October?
- Back up Treasurer – ready to take over in October?
- Boat maintenance (repairs to trailers/Corsairs etc)
- and many more fun ways to be involved …… what about a trip to a trivia night
Big thanks to Liz Grace who has been reorgansing all the life jackets each week … bottom rack Juniors, Top rack adults .. order: small – Large. Anyone want to look after the Wet Shoes ? …need to be taken home every so often for a good wash.
Enjoy your week and see you next Sunday.