- This event has passed.
She Sails – Start Sailing Day 2
October 3, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Preparing to go on the water: clothing to suit the conditions, use of safety equipment and the need for protection from environmental elements.
- Be able to rig a boat with assistance and identify the commonly used parts of the boat.
- Tie a figure of 8 knot and a bowline
- Perform a capsize recovery in shallow water and participate in single boat towing.
- Be able to launch and recover a boat with assistance; correctly tack and stop the boat; successfully sail a windward/broad reach course; paddle boat around a marked course.
- Understand the meaning of port and starboard; windward and leeward; and overtaking vessels.
- Identify the wind direction; able to source weather forecasts.
Race Briefings are at Midday NSW Time.
Race Start is not before 1pm NSW Time. (Unless stated otherwise)
Check email the week before the race for changes.
Boat Owners must have $5 million public liability insurance to race.
Any errors above are inadvertent but may occur. Please contact the club for any clarifications.