There are only two Juniors and Try Sailing days left this year! This Sunday and also Sunday 10th December. These sessions can fill up very quickly so be sure to reply to this email to book a spot. See details below race notice.
Race info & roster below – weather forecast is looking really nice. Race 2 of the Laser and NS14 Class Championships.
NOTE – We need everyone to help out with launching, retrieving, loading and unloading the rescue boats as Bryan is currently unable to.
URGENT – Safety Boat Drivers needed for the rest of the season –
We are down to 1 regular driver (thank you Bryan). If you would like to drive a safety boat for our races this season we would love to hear from you. Once a month would be ideal – or more or less, whatever suits.
Training given + Australian Sailing courses.
If you know anyone who might be able to help please ask them to get in touch.
SUNDAY 26 Nov – POINTSCORE RACE 4 + Lasers and NS14 Class Champ Race 2
- DUTY OFFICER – Dave Chester 0431 316 574
- Contact Duty Officer before Sundayif you want to sail as crew or need crew for your boat.
- Briefing (Compulsory) 12pm at Fingal Head Boat Ramp – Car park opp. Sheoak Cafe
- Race Start not before 1pm
- Contact duty officer if you can help with any support roles.
- Non-members:New Adults complete indemnity form .
- Race Briefing – Bill Fenelon
- Safety Boat Drivers – Bryan Townsend + 1 other driver required * if you miss a race to do Safety boat/on shore duty you STILL GET POINTSin the series.
- Safety Boat Crew -Safety Boat Crew needed
- Start Flags/ TIMEKEEPERS – Suzanne Blatcher + Assistant needed NOTE – Spectators are welcome in the timekeepers tent but be considerate of the 2 or 3 people assigned to timekeeping and do not distract them – they may be being trained and so need to practice without extra assistance.
- Results & Handicaps – Adam Hurt
- Sign on TABLE 2 needed
- Photographer – TBC (can go on safety boat or be based on shore)
- Banking– Craig Foley (Alison Blatcher back up)
- Merchandise– Monique Smith + assistant needed for sales before briefing
- Spectators …. always room for more
NO BBQ this week so make sure to bring some lunch. Debrief at the Sheoak Shack Cafe.
Need a Boat?
Club Boats – 2 Corsairs, NS14 , a Laser , Tasar, a 470 and Juniors Sabots and X3’s available for members to hire or long term loan.
For those new to the club – every race of the season goes towards the Pointscore Competition (with 1 discard) and both skipper and crew get points. There are also class championships for Lasers, NS14’s , Corsairs, Multihulls and any other class with 3 or more boats that are run concurrently with the pointscore races – 5 races for each class champ – so check your dates.
Forecast & Tides link:
Juniors and Try Sailing – Sunday 26 Nov
- Start 8:45am NSW (7.45 QLD)
- Booking required – reply to this email to ensure a space is available beginners welcome.
- Meet : TVSC container – Fingal Head Boat Ramp car park
- Approx 11am : Pack up. Juniors to assist with boat rigging and unrigging and washing.
- Finish 11.30am (10.30 QLD)
- Cost per session: $5 per JUNIOR / Gold coin donation concession – All proceeds to boat and club maintenance, safety boat fuel etc.
NB Attending for the first time? complete a Parents Consent form (attached) for each under 18.
What to bring:
Anyone sailing – bring:
- footwear that can get wet,
- hat, sunscreen
- a change of clothes ,
- water bottle and a snack.
- The club has PFDs for loan for children over 40kg
- Footwear (not thongs) is compulsory when sailing.
Jobs for Parents + Sailing
Please help with – Sign On/Off, general setup/pack up ,
crewing on safety boats.
Depending on numbers there may also be opportunities for adults to sail.
- Note we do not have a club house. The container is for boat and equipment storage and juniors are not permitted to enter the container unless helping with carrying boats.
- Public toilets close by – juniors to go in pairs please
- Refreshments – Sheoak Shack Cafe opposite boat ramp car park and shop 100m further down the road + club sells drinks and snacks.